Monday, July 9, 2012

day 1

Today was the first day of our no-spending month...and we only spent $400! Haha, but seriously, we kinda did. We started to refinance our house (after a huge mess with wells fargo when we tried to refinance with them back in December and they messed up over and over and over again until we finally decided to go with another company), and the appraisal fee is $400, but, the guy said we might be able to get it back if something does something, or something. So I'm not really counting it as a negative against us...the main point of this spending freeze is to stop all the little money wasting trips and eating out, etc.
The kids had some rotten attitudes this morning so I decided to make it an electronics free day...which meant that things would actually be harder for me because I needed to provide them with stuff to do. We ended up doing a fun scavenger hunt, coloring, making a big lunch and eating it together while telling stories (one minute limit for each story- because these kids can talktalktalktalktalk) and putting puzzles together. By 3:00 I decided that they'd been good enough to watch Arthur on PBS, that's their favorite show (we don't have cable so they watch pbs and netflix). It was a really great day! I baked banana bread, french bread, made a healthy dinner, tried to clean (so hard with kid in the house, it almost feels pointless), but overall it was a great day. I'm excited to start this refinance! Our payment is going to drop by about $100 a month, and we get to get rid of our private mortgage insurance which means our payment will drop another $80-100 a month! Good news! Oh! AND I accidentally paid one too many insurance payments for my biz insurance, so I got a $50 check in the mail. Always nice (like it happens allll the time). I'm thinking about going to bed early tonight (midnight, maybe??) but we'll see :)
Here are a few instagrams from today/yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment